IUI Success Tips
IUI is mainly used when timed intercourse or hormonal medications alone have not worked, or if there are ‘mild’ sperm abnormalities, such as poor motility (i.e. the ability of the sperm to move). It is also used in conjunction with donor sperm by same sex female couples or by women who don’t have a partner.
In addition, IUI can be used to overcome fertility due to the following conditions:
Avoid IUI is when there is:
- A blocked or damaged fallopian tube.
- Ovarian failure (menopause).
- Severe male factor infertility, i.e. no sperm, very low sperm count, poor sperm motility (movement), sperm defects; in this case, donor sperm may be an option.
- Severe endometriosis.
- A female partner over the age of 40.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) can be a useful form of advanced reproductive treatment. For individuals with good ovarian reserve and only minor male factor infertility or cervical factor, IUI can often be an excellent and valuable treatment option. However, when multiple factors are present, success with IUI is significantly reduced. Below are cumulative probabilities of success with IUI based solely on age.
IUI is a procedure that involves minimum 3 cycles and with every cycle the chance of conceiving keeps increases, as the procedure become more and more accurate with ovulation tracking.
Studies have found that IUI success rates were 16.4 percent per cycle for the first three tries or 39.2 percent if looking at all three trials together.
Therefore its is advised to continue with Subhag IUI for minimum 3 cycles and try to improve the accuracy with time. Subhag team will completely support you in every cycle and also assist in bringing you closer to parenthood.
Tracking your ovulation is the most important part of doing IUI. Ovulation can be tracked after the 5th day of the menstruation and then keeping a reminder for the 13th day on your mobile phone.
Signs of Ovulation:
- Rise in basal body temperature, typically 0.5 to 1 degree, measured by a thermometer.
- Higher levels of luteinizing hormone (LH), measured on a home ovulation tracker kit provided by us.
- Cervical mucus, or vaginal discharge, may appear clearer, thinner, and stretchy, like raw egg whites
- Breast tenderness
- Light spotting
- Slight pain or cramping in your side
Subhag Home IUI is a completely natural step towards parenthood. IUI is a safe procedure and results have shown that it has a better success rate than natural conception, due to the following reason,
Additionally if the same procedure of Subhag IUI is done at home it increases the chance to conceive: